Zagreb, Hotel International, 14-15. November 2014
2. Congress of Croatian Society for Patient Safety with international attendance and 2. Annual Award for Patient Safety Improvement
„The first 5 years after Council Recommendation on Patient Safety – past, present and future activities"
Patient safety has been addressed at EU level by various initiatives, including quality and safety of blood, tissues and organs, quality, safety and efficacy of medicines, medical devices, cancer screening, health professionals and patients' rights in cross-border healthcare.
During Congress we will present methods and tools for improving patient safety, results and challenges for implementation and further directives on micro, mezzo and macro level of healthcare.
As patient safety movement is multidisciplinary special part of Congress will be on medical law issues with participation of layers from healthcare and regulators.
The participants will get an insight in the latest world trends in patient safety through lectures accompanied with workshops aimed to facilitate efforts for implementation of PS methods and tolls in healthcare organizations.
Croatian Society for Patient Safety
prof.dr.sc. Ana Stavljenić Rukavina
doc.dr.sc. Ljiljana Trtica Majnarić
prof.dr.sc. Iris Goldner Lang
prof.dr.sc. Dijana Delić Brkljačić
prof.dr.sc. Asja Stipić Marković
prof.dr.sc. Dunja Rogić
prof. dr.sc. Ksenija Fumić
doc. dr. sc. Igor Alfirević
doc. dr.sc. Vladimira Vuletić
Mr. sc.Drago Paušek, dr. med.
Prof.dr.sc. Ana Stavljenić-Rukavina
Marinko Artuković, dr.med.
Dr. Leopold-Michael Marzi, dipl. iur.
Petar Mardešić, mag.med.techn.
Damir Vučetić, dipl. iur.
Dr.sc. Kristijan Deša, dr.med.
Mr.sc. Davorka Prajdić-Predrijevac, dr.med.
Silvije Šegulja, dr.med.
Josipa Rodić, dr.med.
Igor Čikara, dr.med.
Damir Vučetić, dipl. iur.
Nevena Rakušić, dr.med.
PATIENT SAFETY IS NOT ELECTIVE
• What is patient safety?
• Regulatory aspects of patient safety
• Implementation of patient safety in healthcare system
NATIONAL GUIDELINES AND PATIENT SAFETY
• Clinical guidelines in patient safety
• National guidelines for patient identification and verification
• National guidelines for the use of surgical check-list
PATIENT SAFETY IN GENERAL PRACTICE
• Safe drugs management
• Antibiotics and patient safety
• Antihypertensives in primary care
• Diabetes pharmacotherapy and patient safety
• Psychiatric pharmacotherapy
• Hospital acquired infections
• Hand and space hygiene
• Anticoagulant therapy
• Iodine contrast
• Access to Cross-Border Healthcare in the EU
• Legal aspects in public healthcare
• Health Law and Human Rights Insurance and Healthcare
• Medical Liability
• Criminal Liability of Medical Doctors
Siniša Varga - Minister of Health, Croatia
Brett Stauffer – STEEEP, USA
Andrzej Ryz – DG SANCO
Tatjana Prenđa Trupec – CHIF, Croatia
Jasna Mesarić – PaSQ, AKAZ, Croatia
Leopold-Michael Marzi - AKH Wien, Austria
Mirna Šitum - Minister of Health Zagreb, Croatia
Mladen Bušić - Clinical Hospital Sv. Duh, Croatia
Dražen Levojević - General Hospital Slovenia
Ana Stavljenić Rukavina - Former Minister of Health, Croatia
Iris Goldner Lang - Faculty of Law Zagreb,Croatia
Early bird (until 15.10.2014.) 950,00 HRK
Registration fee (after 15.10.2014.) 1.200,00 HRK
CSPS Members 500,00 HRK
Registration fee for participants and sponsors involves participation in scientific program, attendance to exhibition space, congress materials, and attendance on congress opening with welcome cocktail, coffee breaks, lunch and dinner.